Tag: Charleston Fashion Week
Carol hannah is the 2008 winner of the Charleston Fashion Week’s Emerging Designer competition and an alumni of College of Charleston.
And our friend Marysia Reeves will be a featured designer at the Saturday evening finale fashion show. Her show will start at 8:25pm. Marysia is the winner of Charleston Fashion Week Emerging Designer Southeast 2009 award. Marysia’s high fashion bathing suits can be found at Anthropologie and Urban Outfitter’s online shops.
We’re so proud of our local ladies!
Now that the holidays are behind us and we have recovered from our reverie, let’s take quick look at some of the wonderful things 2009 promises. We know for sure that it is and will continue to be a FANTASTIC time to buy that home in Charleston that you’ve always dreamed of. So come for a visit! Charleston promises good times, friendly people, and unparalleled natural beauty. Once you spend a little time in our fair city, we’re sure you’ll never want to leave. Here are our top ten reasons to visit Charleston this spring:
1. SEWE : Now in its 27th year, Southeastern Wildlife Exposition (SEWE) is the largest wildlife art and nature event in the nation, one that you have to experience first hand to understand and truly appreciate. Held each year in the weekend preceding President’s Day, SEWE attracts 35,000+ attendees to beautiful Charleston, SC, to enjoy world-class original art, diverse exhibits, interesting presentations and lectures, not to mention Southern hospitality and lots of fun! February 13-15, 2009
2. Charleston Food and Wine Festival : Guests of CF&W have the opportunity to indulge in the unique flavors of the Lowcountry while tasting the epicurean delights of the country’s best chefs, authors and wine professionals. This year celebrity chef Bobby Flay is among the participants. Learn about and get a taste of Southern cuisine and the Lowcountry’s unique food styles, heritage and recipes at various events and venues throughout the weekend. March 5-8, 2009
3. 62nd Annual Festival of Houses and Gardens: Explore the interiors and gardens of some of the finest private residences in America during the 62nd Annual Festival of Houses and Gardens. Renowned for three centuries as “a city set in a garden,” Charleston welcomes the return of spring each year with its annual Festival tours, which offer guests the rare opportunity to glimpse beyond the facades of these magnificent properties and into their resplendent interiors and gardens. March 19 – April 18, 2009
4. Charleston Fashion Week : Charleston magazine presents the third annual Charleston Fashion Week, a five-evening celebration of fashion and the area’s burgeoning retail community. Special tents will be set up in Marion Square, similar to New York’s fashion week at Bryant Park. March 24-28, 2009
5.Cooper River Bridge Run : The Cooper River Bridge Run is the best organized and the best conducted 10-K race in the world. It includes world-class competition in a unique setting with unparalleled participant satisfaction. The views from the Arthur Ravenel Bridge, which spans the Cooper River, are amazing, making the experience even more rewarding. April 4, 2009
6. Family Circle Cup : Bringing world-class championship tennis to Charleston is the springtime results in a win-win situation. Nothing beats this time of year in our fair city, and the superstars of women’s tennis turn out for an unforgettable experience. Family Circle has been a proud sponsor of the Family Circle Cup since 1973, and as the longest running single title sponsor in women’s tennis, the magazine has continued to set the standard for other women’s professional sporting events. April 11-19, 2009
7. Folly Beach Sand and Sea Festival : The 19th Annual Sand and Sea Festival promises loads of family fun on Folly Beach. Last year boasted more than 60 vendors, six bands, a 5K race, and two jump castles. This year will have all that and more. Family activities include face-painting, a climbing wall and ponies for children to ride around the Folly Beach Park. Adult activities will include the “world-famous” beer-bottle toss put on by the Folly Beach Anglers, food and crafts for sale and a silent and live auction. Visit our website to book your vacation rental and ask about our specials. April 19-20, 2009
8. Charleston International Film Festival : This festival is dedicated to showcasing the art and talent of emerging filmmakers from around the globe in an amazing city known for its deep-rooted American history. There also is a screenplay competition. Over the four day event, attendees will see the latest sneak previews and premieres of some of the best new films. April 23- 26, 2009
9. Spoleto Festival USA : For 17 days each spring, this internationally renowned arts festival fills Charleston’s historic theaters, churches and outdoor spaces with over 130 performances of opera, dance, theater and music. These performances combine to create without a doubt the year’s most important artistic and cultural event. This year the festival has boasted record-breaking sales, despite the economic recession. May 22- June 7, 2009
10. Dunes Properties : Last but not least, we believe we are one of the best reasons to visit Charleston, especially if you’re planning to relocate, looking for an investment property, or are interested in a second home. Our strength and the key to our success has been a continued commitment to exceptional knowledge. We look at it this way, real estate is always an important purchase, and it deserves the attention of a dedicated professional. Our agents are proud to call Charleston home. We love living here. So come for a visit! We know you will want to make this your home too, for a week…. or for a lifetime.