dunes properties of Charleston is a real estate, vacation rental and property management company. Below is a little “about us” to help you discover what sets us apart.
We began with a single office and three employees in 1989. Today, we represent the Lowcountry with over 100 exclusive beach vacation rental properties, more than 95 real estate agents and employees, five full-service offices and many plans for the future.
We are still locally owned and operated. Our offices have the entire Charleston Coast covered – from our original office on the Isle of Palms to our office at Bohicket Marina, offering Kiawah, Seabrook, Johns Island and Wadmalaw. Our Folly Beach location covers not only the beach but all areas West of the Peninsula including James Island and West Ashley. We have an office on Coleman Boulevard to serve fast-growing Mount Pleasant, and we recently moved to a new location in the heart of downtown Charleston‘s historic shopping district at 11 Fulton Street, which serves all areas of the Charleston Coast.
Our licensed, experienced real estate agents make buying and selling on the Charleston Coast a priority. As permanent residents, our real estate agents realize clients are more than out-of-town customers or rental owners. They are our future neighbors.
We know and love Charleston and the Lowcountry. Whether it’s a vacation home, an investment or a primary residence, real estate is always an important purchase, and it deserves the attention of a dedicated professional. How can we serve you? Let us know today.
In January, the company celebrated 30 years in business on the Charleston Coast!
In December, dunes properties moved to a new downtown Charleston location at 11 Fulton Street.
In April, dunes properties opens a new Mount Pleasant office on Coleman Boulevard to to serve the fastest-growing town in the Charleston area.
The company exceeds $300 million in real estate sales for the first time, and acquires Dewees Rentals to further expand the vacation rental program.
In September, dunes properties further expands the Mount Pleasant office by bringing on the agents of Places, LLC, a leading Mount Pleasant boutique agency for over 11 years.
In November, dunes properties integrated a previously-owned boutique real estate agency on North Highway 17 into our family of offices. We have since temporarily incorporated those agents into our Isle of Palms office while our new office at 835 Coleman Boulevard is under construction.2013
In March, the company launched a new and improved website, featuring a powerful real estate search as well as a new platform for searching and booking vacation rentals.
- In January, dunes properties opened an office at Bohicket Marina to better serve the Kiawah, Seabrook, and Johns Island areas.
- The company re-introduces an exclusive Vacation Rental Program on Isle of Palms and Wild Dunes.
- In June, dunes properties opened The Real Estate Studio at 214 King Street, in the heart of the historic shopping district, adjacent to Charleston Place and just south of Market Street.
- Opened sales office on Seabrook Island.
- The company exceeds $200 million in real estate sales, a good portion coming from the traditionally residential Mt. Pleasant market.
- dunes properties continues its representation of upscale developments with The Renaissance condominium project in Mt. Pleasant overlooking Charleston Harbor.
- The company breaks the news of a 24-unit project at 1140 Ocean Boulevard on Isle of Palms … and sells the entire inventory in three hours!
- Our Folly Beach office opens at 31 Center Street.
- dunes properties opens office serving Johns Island and the resorts on Kiawah and Seabrook with the acquisition of Benchmark Rental of Kiawah Island.
- The company expands its portfolio with a major new development: Charleston Oceanfront Villas on Folly Beach, a 96-unit condominium community.
- Early adoption of the internet as an information and marketing tool for real estate results in dunesproperties.com, the company’s website.
- dunes properties acquires Century 21 – The Atlantic Group increasing market share in both real estate and vacation rentals on the Isle of Palms and Sullivan’s Island.
- The company closes $24 million in real estate sales, marking the largest single year-over-year growth in its brief history.
- Gross rental sales exceed $1 million for the first time, signaling the growing importance and value of that part of the business.
- dunes properties moves its offices to 1400 Palm Boulevard, where the Isle of Palms office remains today.
- On January 9, dunes properties of Charleston opens its doors.
- dunes properties wins contract to represent Ocean Club at Wild Dunes, an upscale condominium community.
- On September 22, Hurricane Hugo crashes into the Charleston Coast.