This week’s Featured Property, 53 Laurens Street, is an authentic Charleston federal single house, built by shipbuilder John Marsh in 1815. It is the only original brick house left in the Ansonborough neighborhood of Charleston. This house has only been owned by 2 families, allowing it to remain well-preserved over the years. Located in Charleston’s first subdivision, the house is just a 2 block walk to King Street, the Market ,or the Aquarium. Although it’s centrally located, this property sits on a quiet street with minimal tourist travel. In addition to this historic Charleston single, there is a separate 2500 sq. ft. Carriage House with 3 bedrooms and 4 full bathrooms.