DENVER — Mount Pleasant is among more than two dozen communities named finalists for the National Civic League’s 2010 All-America City Awards.
The Denver-based organization says the cities were selected for addressing such issues as diversifying the labor force and funding services during the recession.
- Chandler, Ariz.
- Bentonville, Ark.
- Dublin, Lynwood, Rancho Cordova and the Vernon Central neighborhood, Calif.
- Miami Lakes and North Miami, Fla.
- Acworth, Ga.
- Belleville and Canton, Ill.
- Noblesville, Ind.
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Lenexa and Scott County, Kansas
- Bowling Green, Ky.
- Salisbury, Md.
- Ferguson and Riverside, Mo.
- Lynbrook, N.Y.
- Gastonia, N.C.
- West Chester and Wyoming, Ohio
- Mount Pleasant, S.C.
- El Paso, Texas
- Abingdon, Va.
- Middleton, Wis.
Ten winners will be announced on June 18.
And I couldn’t be more excited because I proudly call two of the finalist cities home, Ferguson, MO and Mount Pleasant, SC. Good luck to both! I think you are wonderful and great places to call home.